PLAN YOUR SESSION
Fill out the interest form to select the options for your remote session. We will contact you to complete and schedule the plan.
Live videoconference courses
Beginning August 2018 | CME Credits: Varied | Cost determined by hour or package
Our remote-learning sessions are customizable live-videoconferencing courses for individuals or small groups. We offer a flexible schedule and a variety of topics.
Physicians, dentists, surgeons, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, school nurses, orthodontists, sleep technologists, technicians, polysomnographic technologists, sleep health educators, dental hygienists, dental assistants, physical therapists, speech and language therapists, myofunctional therapists, respiratory therapists, EEG technologists, psychologists, clinicians, and other health care professionals interested in the management of sleep disorders, including technical aspects of polysomnography and interpretation of studies.
We currently offer remote sessions on the following topics. If your needs vary, or you have a specific request, contact us.
- Sleep Stage Scoring: Visual Pattern Recognition | 1–4 hours
- Day 1 | Telephone intro and overview
- Day 2 | Session(s)
- Computer with internet connection
- Large monitor, SmartBoard, or internet-connected projection system
- External webcam
- External speakers and/or mic (optional)
- Webex account
We recommend you set up and test the online meeting account a day or two prior to your session.
Preparation | Webex set up
Once you have the hardware setup ready, you will need to familiarize yourself with the videoconference platform called Webex, which allows us to bring high quality video and audio directly to your location.
There are many helpful YouTube video tutorials and other written tutorials that explain how to participate in a Webex videoconference. Just do an internet search for “how to join a Webex videoconference.”
- Shortly before it is time to join the videoconference, you will receive an email invitation from SSM. Make sure that you have a phone nearby to call us at 650-747-9253 in case you need assistance. Click the link in the email a few minutes before the scheduled time. You may be asked to allow Webex to download onto your computer a small application. Click “allow.”
- You will be taken to a web page where you can join the meeting. If the fields are not automatically filled in, enter your name and email as requested. Click “join.” You will be asked how you want to join the meeting. Click “call using computer.”
- You may need to select which audio and video connections you want to use. For example, your built-in camera may be the one Webex “sees,” but if you want to use the external systems you will select which video and audio sources you want to use in the dropdown menus.
- Expand the viewing window to full-screen. The expansion arrows appear in the upper right-hand corner of the video window.
- At the end of the videoconference, simple click “leave meeting.”
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
Disclosure: It is the intent of The School of Sleep Medicine, Inc.™ to assure that its CME activities should not be influenced by the special interests of individuals associated with its programs. Having an interest in or affiliation with any corporate organization does not necessarily influence a speaker's presentation, but the relationship must be made known in advance to the audience in accordance with the standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Faculty disclosure statements are provided in the handout material. SSM, Inc. will be applying for commercial support for the Course in Pediatric Sleep Medicine.
*Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Determination of credit is pending.