Sleep Evaluation Intensive Data Review
The School of Sleep Medicine, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of the Advanced Course in Sleep Medicine on DVD. The 20 video lectures in this package were recorded live during the 2011 Advanced Course in Sleep Medicine in Palo Alto, California. The package also includes five important audio lectures from previous live courses. This course has been very popular with those preparing for exams, training fellows, or meeting continuing-education requirements.
$2900 (Ca residents, add 8.75% sales tax.)
Free shipping and handling in continental US.
All other orders, please add $120 USD for shipping and handling fee.
The DVD package includes the following:
- Introduction, which includes both the activity evaluation form AND the certificate request form
- Over 31 hours of lectures (see below for topics): 20 lecture topics on DVDs and 5 audio lectures in MP3 format
- Accompanying lecture notes
- Activity workbook containing 5 practice exercises and exams
The School of Sleep Medicine, Inc. strives to provide high quality sleep medicine education for the medical community. This package was developed to assist individuals preparing for board exams and for those who may not be able to attend our live course. It is also used as a complement to our live courses. At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to assess their knowledge base in sleep medicine and identify areas of strengths and weakness as a candidate for specializing in sleep medicine. Upon completion of this activity, the participant should be able to discuss or identify:
- basic mechanisms of sleep, including the neuroanatomy, neurophysiology and neuropharmacology
- basic mechanisms of circadian rhythms and the clinical issues surrounding circadian rhythm disorders
- symptomatology and differential diagnoses of sleep disorders
- the sleep evaluation process and interpretation of data
- sleep vs. wake EEG data and recognition of sleep stages and arousals
- abnormal polysomnographic findings and artifact identification
Clinicians preparing to specialize in sleep medicine. This course is designed for those needing an intensive review and consolidation of the basic science of sleep, standards of clinical practice, diagnostic procedures, polysomnogram reading and interpretation.
Method of Participation
Viewing of DVD lectures and listening to the audio lectures takes approximately 31.0 hours. Completion of the activity workbook, and completing the evaluation form takes approximately 6.0 hours.
- Before viewing DVDs, complete Activity 1 in the Activity Workbook in order to evaluate your baseline competence in the field of sleep medicine. Check your answers against the answer key provided at the end of the exercise. View DVD Lectures A01 through A20 and listen to audio lectures A21 through A25.
- After viewing and listening to all lectures, complete Activities 2 through 5 in the Activity Workbook. Check your answers using the answer keys at the end of each exercise.
- Complete the activity evaluation form AND the certificate request form and return both to SSM in order to receive credit.
It is the intent of The School of Sleep Medicine, Inc. to assure that its CME activities should not be influenced by the special interests of individuals associated with its programs. Having an interest in or affiliation with any corporate organization does not necessarily influence a speaker’s presentation, but the relationship must be made known in advance to the audience in accordance with the standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Faculty disclosure statements are provided in the handout material. The School of Sleep Medicine, Inc. has not received commercial support for these activities.